Night harvest of all varieties except Grenache and Muscat of Alexandria.
Grapes are harvested at night due to the low temperatures. In this way, the grapes reach the winery at a temperature of approximately 9ºC. In the case of grapes harvested by day, they can reach temperatures of between 22-30ºC. In this way we save energy and slow down the enzymatic processes.
Use of peristaltic pump: Use of the peristaltic pump ensures that the grapes are processed very gently, without crushing or breaking them.
Fermentation tank in the shape of a truncated cone: The truncated cone shape of the tanks makes it easier to handle the cap (the solid parts in suspension left floating on the surface of the must).
Vertical hydraulic presses: This type of press, like those used in the past, does not break or crush the grape skin, obtaining a pressed wine of extremely high quality. However, production is much lower than in other types of press, and much more work is required. These presses are equipped with a computer to control time and pressure.
Testing tanks: used to study experiments carried out in the field. So, we carry out micro-winemaking using different clones, varieties, and growing techniques.
- Controlled temperature 16-18 ºC
- Ageing in metal cages with 588 bottles / cage
- Bottle ageing area: 700 m2
- Traceability in all processes
- Bottling and automatic labelling train (2,500 bottles/hour)
- Packager and bottler registration number: 50/42672
- Bottling room: 255 m2
- Storage area for auxiliary materials: 500 m2
- Stainless steel grape reception train for harvesting
- 2 hydraulic presses
- Stainless steel tank
- 32 x 22 m3 truncated-cone tanks
- 1 x 40 m3 cylindrical tank for mixtures
- 4 x 10 m3 always-full tanks for testing
- 4 x 5 m3 always-full tanks for testing
- 7 concrete tanks lined with epoxy resin
- Wine making area: 1,250 m2
- Testing area: 205 m2
- Tests with wood of various origins: Romanian, Russian, and Hungarian
- Tests with casks of different sizes: 225, 300, and 500 litres
- French and American oak casks
- Temperature and humidity control: to prevent significant evaporation loss, as well as the appearance of mildew due to an excessively humid environment
- Ageing area: 720 m2
- 15-18 ºC and 65-85% HR